An adventure away from the traditional tourist trail awaits, with a plethora of ancient temples and lush green jungles to be explored.
Nestling between Thailand and Vietnam, Cambodia is relatively unexplored in comparison to its neighbours. Steeped with a fascinating, yet dark history, which makes this country even more admirable. Originally the Khmer Empire which ruled much of Laos, Thailand and Vietnam, the remnants of this land still lie in wait, almost begging to be discovered time and time again.
Despite the dark history, Cambodia’s people have an infectious optimism and unbreakable spirit meaning that this destination is continuously rewarding for all who visit. Siem Reap has reinvented itself as the heart and soul of the new chic Cambodia, yet step just outside and you hit authentic countryside with a traditional and simple way of life.
Cambodia is just glorious with looming forests, floating villages and rare wildlife. Angkor Wat is the largest religious monument on the planet and one of the seven wonders of the World.
Yet despite playing host to this spectacular sight, Cambodia is still located off the bustling tourist trail. This country is a place to be savoured so you need plenty of time to take in the sights.
Our top five must-see experiences in Cambodia are:
* Witness the sun rise the largest temple on the planet and one of the seven wonders of the world – Angkor Wat
* Jump aboard gondola boats, sip cocktails and watch the sun set whilst en route to a fabulous dinner in the Temples of Angkor
* Breeze along the Siem Reap river and rural rice paddy fields as you undertake cycle tour
* Experience adventure as you whistle through the tree tops as you undertake the “flight of the gibbons” the only zip line tour on a UNESCO World Heritage site
* Canter through the beautifully rugged landscape of the Cambodia countryside on horseback
By Sophie Darbon, Project Manager – Incentives, at Penguins Events
Sophie will be attending this year’s inVOYAGE 2018 on 1-4 October in Ras Al Khaimah